Monday, January 30, 2012

Is the chicken really this good in pubs?

Most of my grocery shopping these days occurs during twice weekly Gymnastics classes, so I find myself doing just what they tell you not to do - shopping while hungry, just before supper. 

This is not a great idea.  Publix knows this, and has chicken frying in the Deli and nice ladies cooking at their "Aprons" kiosks. 

They sell a lot of fried chicken and Aprons meals ingredients that way.

As I was shopping in Publix a couple of weeks ago, I tried a sample from the Aprons kiosk.  I wandered down the next aisle, taking a bite...and circled back to grab a recipe card.  As I returned, the lady who had gotten a sample along with me was coming back from the other direction!  It is so full of savory-sweet-tangy-spicy-rich flavor that it kinda inspires little moans of yumminess.

It's so good that my husband requested it for his birthday meal.  Check it out:

Pub-Style Chicken and Caramelized Onions With Fresh Spinach

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I've said for a while now that my pickiest eater will eat anything if the Apron's lady is serving it. The other day he sampled a salmon BLT with capers. I wouldn't eaten it with someone else's mouth, but he loved it. But try to get him to eat my mac and cheese....no way! And only sauceless pizza. Go figure.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I need to start going to Publix around dinner time....I wonder if they're serving anything right now, I'm starting to get hungry!

K-Sue said...

I'm still trying to figure out that salmon BLT with capers...I like all the ingredients, but the mix...?

randi--i have to say said...

i just checked out the recipe and it looks quite yummy. thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...