Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Coping with Crochet

I stayed busy in December.  I was a Crafty Mama, in fact.  I was not a Bloggin' Mama.  The next few posts will probably feature little crafty thingies whipped up between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Hmmm...maybe next year I can just re-post those posts if I get overly December-busy and unable to put words or pictures to blog...

First up, Coping with Crochet

I use crochet to cope with waiting time when reading would take too much concentration - like at Gymnastics practice!  
I love making a Super Star Baby Afghan.   Mikey showed me how:  Super Star Baby Afghan.  I wish I'd found his videos back when I first started reteaching myself to crochet.  He shows so clearly what he is doing.  Of course, some of my confusion may have stemmed from misunderstood terminology.  Did you know that USA crochet and UK crochet have different definitions for "single crochet" and "double crochet"? Live and learn...

The first one I made is hot pink, blue, and green,  all Caron Simply Soft yarn.   
 

 

The second, one made for a new great-nephew, is white, blue and green, also Caron Simply Soft yarn.  You can make these any size - just keep going round and round and round until you think it's big enough or you run out of yarn.  I made both these car-seat baby-lap-blanket size.   


They were so much fun!  As I worked on them at Gymnastics, piano lessons, Science club, they always attract attention - they are just so cute!  Seeing these pictures makes me want to get another one started - maybe I'll use this week's Hobby Lobby coupon for another skein of yarn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen one like these - I love them both!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Those are awesome! I actually did know that UK and US terminology was different. Confusing, isn't it? I'm crocheting up something cute now, between blog hopping!

Connie said...

Oh I like these! They are really neat. I bet they are fun to make too. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet you! :)

val Allen said...

I am so glad you stopped by! I thought you were having second thoughts about carrying on blogging, like I had, but we are both back in happy blogland :0) I love your crochet blankets, though they look rather complicated for me! I am at present happy hooking a blanket, but a simple one, it's the Granny Stripe from gorgeous Lucy at attic24
I am using her same 17 colours as they were my Christmas present from my son. I am loving it :0)
It was so nice to see you in my comments, please call often for an English cuppa and a chat :0)

suzitee said...

WOW! These star blankets are gorgeous! I'm not at all surprised that they create lots of interest at gymnastics :) The colours you've used are so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...